Sunday, April 11, 2010

Me?

OMG! I have been nominated by Lisa Criswell at Indigo's beads for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Now I feel very honoured and thankfull! Lisa, if you didn't already get this award and I could nominate someone you would sure be nominated by me (but I guess this shouldn't go back and forth.)

I got to know Lisa through the Bead Journal Project and Facebook and found we have a lot in common and share a virtual history. It is amazing how a project can bring you contacts from miles away and make you feel that you should have been nextdoor neighbours.
Now as I understand it, I have to follow 7 basic rules to accept this award, so here we go:


  1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
  2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
  3. Link the person who nominated you.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
  5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'
  6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate
  7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Items 1 through 3 can be checked... so here´s for 4 through 7:
  1. I was an exchange-student at SIUC (Southern Illinois University at Carbondale) from august 1991 untill june 1992
  2. My favorite dish has always been the Dutch version of Rice Pudding. If you realize that my birthday is in the middle of summer, you can easily deduct that my family was not always that amused
  3. We own so many books, that we don't have enough space to store them. Most of them are in cardboard boxes on our attic (what will not do them any good). That is why I dream of owning a Sony E-reader with touch screen...
  4. I was born on a thursday, as were my husband and my daughter... only our son decided saturday would serve him better....
  5. but there must be a higher reason for his choice, as his birthdate and time read backwards are the excact birthdate and time of our daughter (!)
  6. I have 2 cats and a dog and like to give the the cats peculiar names: our red Norwegian Cat is called R2D2 (yes, after Star Wars) and our black and white one Lbs. (cause he weighed exactly 500 grams, a European pound, when we got him)
  7. I did not become a musician as I dreamed of as child, but did marry one!
And the nominees are...... (rolling drums):
  1. Robin Atkins from Beadlust whom I am endlessly thankfull for her inspiration and her brainchild - the BJP - that got me hooked on beading
  2. Susan Elliot from Plays with Needles whom I admire for her versatility and skills and being a wonderfull far friend as well
  3. Pam Truog from Of beads and other things without whom the BJP would have no blogs, and who is brave to be so to the point in her posts and so honest and personal in her beadwork
  4. Soe from Soe beads a lot who is also Dutch and beading for the BJP on her second year!
  5. oh Heck... I would want to nominate all 3 BJP blogs and all the woman that are beading, so lets break a rule or two and just go for it: Here's to beadjournalproject 3
  6. more beadjournal project 3 
  7. even more beadjournal project 3 you all deserve it!
You will have to visit all of these blogs if you want to make sure I did follow rule number 7!

All this friendship and connection to new and far away friends, got me thinking of a beautifull piece for piano solo by Robert Schumann: Kinderszenen, opus 15 - "von fremde Länder und Menschen" or in plain English "Scenes from childhood, opus 15, of foreign lands and peoples".

5 comments:

  1. Dear Dees! Thanks so much for the nomination! I am honored and tickled pink! Nice to know those 7 things about you too... Your time at SIU explains in part how you became so fluent, comfortable and expressive writing in English, which I admire very much!

    Since I've been blogging for 3+ years, my gratitude for this community is boundless! I've received this award a couple of times and have seen it offered again and again to blogs I read. I believe this is because we all feel grateful for the support and artistic inspiration we receive in our virtual world.

    It's super that you awarded the BJP blogs! What a grand idea! I hope we all take it in that our hours spent on the computer and with our digital cameras are worth the effort.

    OK, well, now (as previously) I'm at a loss for passing along this award. There are so many wonderful blogs and I'd like to give it to all of them.....

    Thanks again! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so you know, my mom is going to send me my grandmother's bread recipe so as soon as i get it i'll write out how to make home made cinnamon rolls so you can try it. you'll have to share your rice pudding recipe with me, too!

    talking about unusual pet names, i think my cat (a gray purebred persian) i had when i was a teenager takes the cake. her name was smophflegnaut (pronounced like smoflnot). i had seen the play "cats" and it said that every cat has 3 names...it's house name, it's street name and a name that no other cat has. so i gave mine a name that no other cat has! lol.

    it was fun reading more about you! i'm so happy you're playing along. you nominated some awesome people and blogs, too.

    have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have been following the trickle down from when I received this award so that is how I came to your blog. I like what I see so have signed up to follow. Congratulations on the award, it is a fun way to get to know people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your previous post and wanted to share this little saying that I have used, I like to write it in a circle so you don't have a beginning or end: "Even when it rains we believe in the sun even when it rains we believe in the sun even when it rains..........."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You honor me by giving me this award for me and my blog. I too am grateful to you and was happy to read a little more about you. Southern Illinois -- that's probably where you're great command of English comes from...and I wonder what type of musician you would be...Your R2D2 dog would fit in nicely in our home (except we're allergic to them) since we are Star Wars Lovers here...

    I'm with you....I think nominating Robin and ALL of the bead journal projects as totally inspirational...And so I join you in that toast!

    And congratulations on winning the award..and for paying it forward. xoxo Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and joining me on my voyage into life with and without beads. I hope it brings you new thoughts and inspiration.
Love to see you back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails